|Roasted Tomatoes|| |
Recipe type: Side Dish
Author: Sharon Sanders
A medley of different tomato varieties--grape, cherry, heirlooms--is fine for this dish. Just make sure they are cut into equal sized chunks.
- 4 pounds plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup minced fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme
- 3 large cloves garlic, slivered
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into thin strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven or covered grill (indirect heat) to 400° F. In a lasagna pan or other large rectangular baking dish, toss the tomatoes, herbs, garlic, and lemon zest. Drizzle generously with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very soft and the juices are thickened. Serve hot or room temperature as a side dish or a pasta sauce.
Perfect! We’ve got kilos of tomatoes about to ripen in the garden..if I can save some from being bottled I will do this!
This is what I want for dinner. More than I can even express. 4 pounds of tomatoes in NYC will cost you a pretty penny though–I will say that.